1.20.2011

christmas book advent.

Photobucket


i wanted to do a christmas book advent last year with serena, but we only had a very few christmas picture books. i've decided to start collecting now, so we'll have 24 to read before this christmas {seriously, i'm already planning christmas 2011! what!?}. here's what we have so far:

christmas in the manger
who is coming to our house?
the night before christmas {illustrated by douglas gorsline}
stopping by woods on a snowy evening {illustrated by susan jeffers}
christmas is here
how murray saved christmas
snow
snowmen at night
wake up, santa claus!
how the grinch stole christmas
i'll be home for christmas {toot & puddle}
a wish to be a christmas tree
the twelve days of christmas {jan brett}
the wild christmas reindeer
silent night, holy night

we still need 10 more. {we read how murray saved christmas AND the night before christmas on christmas eve.} any suggestions?

3 comments:

Shawnee said...

I love the book "The Three Trees" for Christmas time. My parents used to have a Norman Rockwell Christmas book (they probably still do...I just haven't really seen it since moving away) that had a ton of stories and Rockwell pictures. My favorite was "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" and of course "Miracle on 34th Street."

Amy said...

I love You Are Special) But she might really love the pictures and I pretty much guarantee you'll love the book. It's beautiful.

Chris and Tara said...

I haven't looked ar your blog in forever. I love it! This is as far back as I went. We used to read a book about Ted E. Bear but I can't remember the whole name.