9.12.2009

Photobucket

dusk is the very best time of day.
especially on a nice, cool, end-of-summer evening.
this week has been stressful.
{like i-wanna-pull-my-hair-out-massive-headache-when-will-i-ever-catch-a-break!? stressful.}
and so has the weekend.
but we have managed to sneak in some perfectly end-of-summer-y things.
like a delicious end-of-summer stew,
which included every vegetable from the collective gardens of family & friends
who begged us to relieve them of their produce.
and a walk over to the playground at sunset.
making ourselves a little sick on the twirly toys.
and a drive at dusk.
windows down.
miley cyrus playing.
{i'm not ashamed. i like her new song.}
baby sleeping in the back.
husband behind the wheel.
and i forgot for a few minutes about the stressful things.
and enjoyed the cool summer air.
{and then i got a bug in my eye.}
ahhhhhh dusk.

8 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I own Miley Cyrus' cd, I'm not ashamed, either:) Sounds like a wonderful night!

Brad and Annette said...

Hey guess what... yesterday Brad and I went for a ride in the canyon with windows down, a giant dr. pepper, and guess what song blasting.... yup Party in the USA by one Miley Cyrus! Haha... even when I'm not trying to copy you I'm still copying you!

Amy said...

Mmmmmm sounds so perfect!

ariel said...

awwww sisters :)

thank you for saying "by one miley cyrus". i like that.

Stephenson and Katie said...

K I LOVE miley's new song. I sing it at the top of my lungs whenever I"m in the car (poor, poor beckham!) I'm sorry you've had a stressful week- hopefully this one is better! ;)

ariel said...

it's such a feel-good song, isn't it? love it.

Morgan said...

confession i love love miley music as well!

Gretchen said...

Im on it.