6.18.2009

finished.

the green turned out a little yellower than planned, but i love it. here's the cost breakdown:

mirror & frame, free
green paint & clear finishing coat, $8
chalkboard paint, $12
chalk, $1

fyi {in case anyone wants to make one} if you want to paint directly on the mirror, you'll need to prime it with a paint that will stick to glass. i was too lazy for that and too cheap to go buy another board and have it cut to size... so i flipped the mirror around and painted the back. now it can be a mirror OR chalkboard. click here for some helpful instructions.

9 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I LOVE it!! I might make myself one, too!

Morgan said...

I love love it where did you get the frame it is so cute you did a great job!

Kess said...

good job Ariel ! it looks great !

dave + kirst said...

I love it! My sister-in-law is so creative!

Gretchen said...

oh so cute! Love it.

T-rent said...

Sooo cute! I have an armoire that I just redid last year that's like exactly the same color and we used chalkboard paint on the doors with green around the trim on the doors. I love chalkboard paint now! It's so fun to paint on isn't it?

Joanna McGuire said...

It turned out so cute!! Good job, you are so crafty.

Whit,Tiff and B said...

Very creative! I love the color you choose on the frame

* said...

very cute. love the green. I wish i was as crafty as you. I try...but usually fail. lol