6.16.2009

cbs and letterman.

{by sean}

This past week I became very offended over the comments that David Letterman said on his show. I am not one to write letters or to even blog about my opinion but for some reason this really struck a cord with me. I believe it has to do with the fact that I am now a father and feel all the love in the world for my daughter. I was disgusted by the joke he said about Sarah Palin's daughter. It made me think if somebody said that kind of joke about my daughter and the anger I would feel. For the first time in my life I wrote an email to CBS demanding that Letterman be fired. Yes the same CBS which fired Don Imus over the racial comments he made about Rutgers University female basketball team. I did not agree with Mr. Imus’s comments either, but the big difference was that Imus was on satellite radio. Letterman is on National TV where hundreds of thousands people watch him. How is it that Letterman can get away with such a comment? I heard his apology (which he was able to make another joke out of) and it just made me more angry! I know CBS would never fire Letterman but I felt it was my duty as a father and a concerned American citizen to voice my opinion on this matter. Statutory rape should never be joked about! I will no longer watch Letterman in my home!!!

2 comments:

Dagley Family said...

Amen! Hmmm has your mother been rubbing off on you a litte. I don't even watch letterman or other late night shows or daytime talk shows (Oprah and ellen for other reasons) because they are all crude anyways and I won't even support Mr Tom Hanks and his Angels and Deamon show because of his remarks with the Prop 8 issue! He then apologizes after his remarks but it wasn't from the heart. I am proud of you Bro!

ariel said...

your mom DEFINITELY is rubbing off on you! {and that's a good thing.}