10.22.2008

Rad

So on my way to work this morning I heard the song "Send me an Angel", everytime I hear that song I think of one of my favorite movies growing up...RAD! Its not often that a movie fits its title so well. Anyhow, I remember watching this movie and then going outside to pretend I was "Cru" Jones riding down Hells Wall! This movie also taught me one of my first swear words that I didn't even know was a swear word and my older sister Stephanie told my mom on me and got me in trouble. (For all of you who have seen rad it is when he goes off the jump and yells a word as he is falling, I told my grandma who was watching it with me that this part coming up was cool and thought I would yell the word at the same time...and that is when Stephanie went and ratted me out!) This movie also taught me that if I wanted to impress chicks I needed to learn how to do some serious bike tricks to the song "Send me an Angel"...never learned the tricks but still love the song. For those of you have had not had the pleasure I will post the video here. Why there is a gymnastic beam in the middle of dance I will never know. Oh and Aunt Becky is in this.

6 comments:

Caprene said...

At first, I thought Johnny from Karate Kid is in the crowd shots but I looked up the movie, and no, it's Bart Conner, gymnastics man himself - that's gotta be why there's a beam in the shot (even if men don't compete on the beam).
Gosh, I hope aunt Becky shows off to her 90210 kids. I bet they'd be the COOLEST kids in school if their classmates as West Beverly saw her skilz.

Kawa Rangers said...

Oh I love this post. Rad is seriously the sweetest movie. Thanks for posting. I'm going to have to find it now.

Dagley Family said...

Whatever Sean! I ratted you out on saying the "S" word, The "D" word and the "N" word - Stupid, dumb and Nerd.

Sean said...

oh...it was the "s" word but it was not shut up. It was Grandma Smith when she was visiting in the yellow house and sitting in my chair!!

Aaron said...

I knew I liked you for a reason. I probably watched that show 500 times with my cousins growing up. That's all they wanted to watch. Then we'd go outside and do sweet wheelies on our Huffy's. The best part is clearly the backflip out of the cereal bowl, not the so you think you can BMX routine where a pre-Full House Lori Laughlin clearly is not doing her own stunts. Speaking of Lori Laughlin "she's so hot right now." Well, not so much now, as in 1987.

Andrew Frost said...

Best Movie EVER!!! It's almost good enough that they shouldn't bother to make any other movies. That's all I have to say.