10.02.2009

yarn addiction.

Photobucket

the yarn is taking over my house!
i don't really have a place for it. i've been storing some of it on my kitchen table. some on the floor next to my kitchen table. some in the corner of my bedroom. some in the empty bassinet.
currently i'm working on scarves, hats, blankets, ear warmers, and headbands, of course.
every time i shop for yarn, i encounter at least one old lady who is also shopping for yarn. they are always sweet and comment on my beautiful baby. one time a little old lady told me she loved to knit and crochet because it's "cheap therapy". and i totally agree. and i kind of like being part of the old-ladies-that-shop-for-yarn club.
one day i will buy a book and actually make something from a pattern. as of right now, i just make up things as i go {with the exception of the flowers, which i looked up on youtube... if that counts as a pattern}.
anyone want to challenge me on what to make next? i am kind of in love with these hats and this mustache and this alarm clock. i mean, who doesn't need a crocheted alarm clock???

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh please make serena a hat for halloween!! That would be SOOOOO cute!

dave + kirst said...

I like the mustache, think it would look cute on a neutral background framed :D Course I don't know where I would put it (or even if I would put it up) but it's kind of cute that way.

Juliann said...

Ariel, you are so blasted creative and talented! Seriously!!