10.21.2009

on getting used to being busy.

Photobucket

for a few weeks there i kept thinking, "man i can't wait until everything slows down!".

i have come to a conclusion.

it's not going to slow down.

life is busy. for everyone. and it will only get more busy with more kids and different church callings and hobbies and work and play and holidays and choir etc etc etc etc.

i have been thinking about my friend. {some of you will know who i'm talking about!} stay at home mommy with 2 kids. runs. scrapbooks. plays sports. excels in her church calling {basically wrote an amazing primary program from scratch}. makes dinner every night, and has them planned like a month in advance. very involved in neighborhood watch. does her visiting teaching every month. decorates her house beautifully {and on a dime, i might add}. keeps said house clean. reads. goes to a book club. sings in a choir. always looks gorgeous and put together. i could go on and on.

and sometimes i think HOW DOES SHE DO IT?? how can she make herself get up and run in the morning? who has the time/energy to cook dinner every night? how can she possibly keep her house clean with everything she has going on??

i'm sure you all know someone like this... or maybe this sounds like you! well, it's inspiring! if she can do it, maybe i can do it, too! i know it's possible to be a mother and keep it all together, because i've seen others do it.

on days when my daughter is cranky, my house is a disaster, i haven't showered, my inbox is full, my eyes are sleepy, and i just want to go into my room, close the door and take a nice long nap..... on days like this, it's nice to know that lots and lots of mommies out there have been {and ARE in} my shoes. and if they can do it all, so can i!

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

it can be so overwhelming to look at those women who can do it all. but you're right... it's not going to slow down

Rachel said...

I know who you are talking abaout and I agree. She does have it all toghether. How does she do it?

Morgan said...

oh ariel... i am so flattered that you would write such a lovely post about me ;) jk as if i dont even have a kid and i struggle with getting out of my pj's everyday!

Unknown said...

I loved this post. I SO know what you mean! Being a Mom is hard enough without all the other responsibilities that come with life! I am glad there is always someone to inspire us! My inspiration is NieNie:)

Erika said...

Loved that post! You know, there are soooo many days that I don't end up in the shower until like 5 at night and many times we just have to grab some fast food for dinner. I think that's part of being a mom though. I agree, life doesn't slow down.

Jamie said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure you are always more put together then me!! And I don't have a cute little baby

dave + kirst said...

Ariel you are like one of those people! You're too hard on yourself. But yes, Ms. G is amazing ;D

Gina said...

diet coke. and lots of it. :)

Gina said...

and thanks. ;)

Janessa Taylor said...

LOVED this. I totally agree!! Now that I'm done with my latest projects (most recent post of mine) I feel like I can breathe...but I know I'll just have MORE. Seriously. It will never end. Oh well! Sometimes I get to sleep in. Those days are the best. I think of those days...