9.02.2010

day three.

fort mchenry
{where francis scott key wrote the first lines of the national anthem, war of 1812}



highlights:
cheesiest visitor center video of the trip!
which ended with the best recording of a men's chorus singing the star spangled banner. {it was amazing.}

philadelphia














highlights:
liberty bell.
independence hall {where the declaration was signed}.
best philly cheesesteak.
trying to find a parking spot for a 7 foot high van.
most red brick i have ever seen in my life.
hotel in the middle of amish countryside.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Ok sorry, one more comment! Fort McHenry! One of my most favorite places ever! And yes, that video is super cheese-wagon, but the flag and song always brings me to tears and gratitude. I'm glad you got to go there!

Ann said...

A. Yes, totally cheesy. Totally.
B. You were right by my house! I jog around Ft. McHenry all the time.
C. Looks like you guys are having tons of fun. :)