11.17.2009

day two.

modern medicine and dentistry.


medicine: this year, after having a baby, i am particularly grateful for modern medicine. how amazing is it that we get to see our babies before they are born? and know if they are ok, or if there are problems. and know the gender! AND how great is it that childbirth can be relatively painless if that's the route you want to go {and that is definitely the route i went}. i know a lot of women want to have their babies naturally and i think that's great... but not for me. i think i was placed on the earth in this day for a reason. it's funny that at the time i was complaining about what a nightmare my IVs were and what a terrible recovery i thought i had. but in perspective, i'm just really glad i had my baby in a clean, comfortable hospital room with well-trained doctors and nurses monitoring me and the baby {and that they gave me plenty of pain medication to take home...}.

dentistry: yesterday i went to the dentist. i sat on a comfortable couch and had a bottle of water in the waiting room. i got all numbed up so i wouldn't feel a thing. i put headphones on and watched a movie while they fixed my teeth. i'm so glad that if i have a toothache the doctor doesn't just rip my tooth out.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I am with you totally on both of those things, i would be a lot more scared to have a baby if not for those things, and i think i would be even more terrified to get my cavities filled...i have a fun appointment to fill three today;)

Gina said...

you got to watch a movie?!

Jamie said...

I agree! I haven't experienced the first but I'm grateful for the choices I have!

dave + kirst said...

amen! ;)