11.18.2009

day three.

Photobucket

talents, skills, individuality, etc.


sometimes {often} i covet other people's talents. sometimes {often} i want to strangle those people who seem to be really good at everything. sometimes {often} i wish i could be really really good at just ONE thing, instead of just kind of good at a few things. i hate feeling that way, so i sometimes {often} have to remind myself that everyone is different. sounds like a primary lesson, right? everyone is different. everyone has been given different talents and strengths. and everyone has to work to make themselves better and more skilled in those areas. i really am grateful for the talents and strengths that i have been blessed with. i am grateful that we are all different, and even when i feel ordinary, i always know that God loves me and i am unique and special in his eyes.

{my family and friends think i'm "unique" and "special". . . but more in the ariel-you're-really-weird kind of way.}

8 comments:

Alicia said...

You're so full of it, you are one of those people that are very talented at many things. I'm just mediocre at some things. Whenever I say that people say, "oh no that's not true you are very good with kids, and...and....kind...and good to talk to." which I'm happy about but I guess I'm thinking more outward talents, so people can be jealous of me! so I'm one of those people that has to listen to the primary lesson over and over again I guess.

Kess said...

cute post ! We're all a little weird, so you fit right in :)

k8e said...

I would never think you were ordinary with hardly any talents. I can think of ton you have especially your voice! You can sing! I would love to be able to sing like you! Instead, I just embarrass myself each week at church, I laugh at myself when I try to sing in the shower or to the radio, and poor Luke probably gets a headache when I sing to him before I lay him down. We can't be perfect at everything I guess. :o)

Brad and Annette said...

whatever ariel... you are the person in my life who i'm always jealous of cause you're perfect at everything!

Jamie said...

You are really weird :)

ariel said...

gee thanks, jamie :)

Gina said...

hello!....your voice is like angels descending from heaven above! no seriously, that's just ONE of your many talents you're REALLY good at. i can't sing like that. and i can't make darling headbands either.

so there.

Kim said...

you are soo sooo talented! you crazy girl! !! and i very much enjoy that picture!