8.01.2009

the injustice.

why why why does losing weight require time, effort, self control and discipline? i'm far too busy and tired for all of those. the first 20 lbs melted off. 10 lbs to go. 10 big fat stupid lbs.

i have learned that people are way way way too nice. i think it must be a reflex to say "you look great!" right after "congrats on the new baby!". my mirror tends to be way too nice also. {possibly because i suck in my tummy when i look in the mirror.} only photos can be trusted. and boy-oh-boy has it has been a slap in the face to see pictures of myself recently! maybe taking a picture of myself every day will help motivate me to have some self control and discipline.

the new diet:

more veggies. more fruit. more whole grains.
much much less of everything else.

wish me luck.

5 comments:

ariel said...

dear ariel,

you didn't do so well with the new diet today {ice cream, popcorn, milk duds....}. do better tomorrow, please. i miss my old self.

♥ your buns

Sue said...

Ha! I think you really do look great and you hide those so called ten pounds very well ( I saw the swimsuit pic)! :) But I do know what you mean about what people say and am trying to figure out how to lose the rest of my isaac weight. I don't think I'm going to be in any more pictures for awhile. Maybe that will help.

Morgan said...

k i havent even had a baby and can't loose this ten friggin pounds i gained from my arch nemesis the pill! i think you are doing great i wish i lived closer so we could work out together, all i have is preggy cute tiff and my skinny husband who will never need to loose weight ;(

Janessa Taylor said...

Yep, I hear ya!!!! The last 10 lbs.... That's what I have to lose too...15 if I want to get to the wedding weight. Yes, I agree that it's a reflex. AND, it just goes to show how FAT they thought you were when you were pregnant, since they're like "oh you look so good!" like the day after when you only look 3 months pregnant... So yeah. Good luck. I'm cheering for you. A lot. :)

Janessa Taylor said...

Oh yes, and I TOTALLY agree on pictures!!!! You think you're doing well, and then BAM...you see a picture of yourself with a double chin. It's sad. Yeah, no wonder Alicia Silverstone in Clueless would always take pictures of herself, right?