6.02.2010

in case you're wondering.

i've been busy

swimming at cherry hill
reading a good book
planning a weekend at the cabin
crocheting a blanket for campbell
growing a baby bump
and
attempting to keep up the housework.

{i haven't been doing very well with the housework. this morning i dried off with a hand towel because there were no clean towels :) time for a laundry day, i guess!}

also:

serena BIT ME today. i was beyond upset about it. she had pulled the doorstop off of the bathroom door, so i took it away from her and picked her up to take her out of the bathroom. she was not happy about it and just sunk those teeth right into my cheek and wouldn't let go. after i sternly told her "NO" and "NO BITING" several times, i put her in her crib in "time out" and then shut the door and cried. it hurt my cheek, but mostly it hurt my feelings :( i don't want her to grow up and be a sassy toddler and do naughty things!

please don't let her be a biter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they all go through that biting stage. They just start doing that when they're frustrated. You did the right thing putting her in a time out. Some people laugh or don't act like it's a big deal and those are the parents who have kids that bite. Mine both tried it at about that same age. You just have to get it under control early!! She's probably too young to realize that it hurts you but it helps if they know. Hopefully she won't keep doing it! I'm sorry about your cheek(and feelings). It's hard when they start doing naughty stuff and aren't just an sweet innocent baby anymore. It is also such a fun stage!!

jamirodana said...

Yesterday Breck didn't want me to sit by her at the kitchen table and when I sat down next to her she grabbed her bowl and toast and slid over to a different chair. It hurt my feelings in a major way.
I cried about it.
Why? Why don't the kids see that we just want the best for them and just love us back every moment???

Jamie said...

My brother was a biter. It's not fun being a sibling to biters. Luckily he grew out of it :)

dave + kirst said...

looks like i'll need to read that book ariel if it's that good! and don't worry about serena, she's a sweetheart. maybe she thought you were food?? ;)

Kess said...

Cherry Hill !!! You lucky girl, I had that jingle in my head all day on Sunday, Ryan really loved that I sang it all day long :)

Gina said...

oh the biting stage. some kids are worse than others. hopefully, for your sake, serena will be at the lesser end. aria bit a few times, most mostly got bit. it's not fun. but "this too shall pass." and if your toddler is sassy, it's not the end of the world. no one has perfect kids (thank goodness, where's the fun in that?!). i should know. sassy keeps you on your toes. and if you're planning on all girls . . . buckle up sista.

Whitney said...

Monroe has started biting thing too. Just when she gets frustrated. I think it gets better when they can learn other ways to express their frustration. Little stink bugs :)

Dagley Family said...

Thanks for the cute baby blanket for Campbell. It is so adorable. I don't know what is worse the biting???? or head butting your head. My girls did the head butting thing. Ouch! It was just a way I guess to express their feelings to me that they were mad. It won't last long then they are on to tantrums! Hang in there.