5.28.2009

loves.

1. my birthday.
2. my husband sneaking out of the house very quietly so i can "sleep in" on my birthday. "sleep in" meaning maybe get 15 extra minutes of sleep before serena wakes up hungry.
3. half smiles from my baby.
4. nilla wafers.
5. spontaneous cabin trips with sean.
6. prayers before bed.
7. giving myself a birthday pedicure.
8. renting a bbc movie from the library {daniel deronda} and watching it while soaking my feet for said pedicure.
9. memorial day bbqs.
10. daily trips to bring sean his lunch.
11. bolt. have you seen this? hilarious!
12. lots of willing {and eager, i might add} babysitters.
13. cereal for dinner after a particularly stressful day.
14. the prospect of sleeping through the night again someday... hopefully...
15. book recommendations from friends. do you have any for me?

16 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh!!! Happy Birthday! I hope it's the best :)

T-rent said...

in the immortal words of gusgus...dadada happy birthday!!!

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday!
I just finished, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and LOVED it. Probably my new favorite book.

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! your first birthday as a mommy:) how cute! hope your day is wonderful! love love love you

Rachel said...

I ate cereal for dinner last night and it was yummy. I just read "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer and really liked it.

Kess said...

Happy Birthday !!!! That means I'm almost 24 too ;)

Gretchen said...

Love her. Cannot wait to meet that little sweetheart!

Adrienne said...

happy birthday

Amy said...

She's beautiful, you're beautiful, I'm happy you were BOTH born. :)

jamirodana said...

Happy Birthday!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Ariel! You look great! She is so gorgeous. Sean is going to need a gun when she hits the dating years.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! I have to say that I am reading the Luxe series by Anna Godbersen, (if you haven't read them already), and they are awesome. The 4th book comes out in October :0)

Rachel said...

So I originally posted a comment while at work and couldn't see the pic, just the list. So this comment is for the picutre: Woot woot! Love the boppy cover. Whoever gave you that is pretty much the coolest... Happy Birthday

Chris and Tara said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm so glad you came to the Bachelorette tonight. Serena is beautiful.
As for a good book, I just finished listening to Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand and love it. I loved the movie first so if you haven't seen it, I reccomend it too.

Juliann said...

Glad you had a happy birthday!! Serena is spectacular, by the way. LOVE her pictures.

Sue said...

We hope you had a great b-day!
I just finished "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." I wasn't sure I wanted to read it because the title did not sound interesting but it is one of my top 10 favorite books.