8.06.2010

you know you love someone when.

you'll catch their vomit in your bare hands.

and you aren't upset when they throw up all over the carpet.
and all of their bedding.
and your neck & shoulder.
and the 3rd outfit you've changed them into.
and every towel in the house.
and the 3rd outfit you've changed yourself into.

{the joys of being a parent.}

some moments that make it all worth it:

looking back at her in the car to find her hugging and kissing her kitty very passionately.

how she mimicks my phone when it goes off. "droid."

the way she sings along to "all the single ladies". just the "oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh" part :)

4 comments:

Meghann said...

Hi, I'm delerking myself. I have no idea how I found your blog, but I love it! I've been stopping in to read and every time I do I enjoy it, so I hope you don't mind I've added you to my blogroll. If you do just drop me a comment and it's gone. Thanks for always having a positive attitude and happy outlook on life!

Emily said...

Sorry about the vomiting, I hope it passes quickly.
My boys like that song too, they think the lyrics are, "All the singing lettuce" and I let them sing it that way. It's much more fun that way.

Adrienne said...

yes, the joys. i learned quick to keep a bowl near them and I usually sleep next to them when they're sick... it makes clean up slightly easier (sometimes)

ariel said...

oh if only she would have puked into the bucket. we tried that. she pushed it away every time. we ended up just putting towels down in her bed and switching them out every time she threw up in the night.