8.10.2010

oh boy.







well. serena is still not over whatever virus she's had since the middle of last week. so far we have passed it on to sean, lincoln, aria, heather, annette & brad. i'm seriously hoping that everyone who came to annette's baby shower didn't catch it. somehow it has skipped over me {knocking on wood}. so basically our last 6 days have consisted of:

lots of throw up.
lots of laundry.
lots of trips to the store for gatorade, pedialyte, popsicles & saltines.
one trip to the e.r. with a very dehydrated little girl.
one trip to the pharmacy.
lots and lots of diapers {eeeh. tmi?}.
lots of baths.

we tried giving serena milk twice and seriously regretted the decision both times! no dairy for at least two {probably three} more days. which is really a shame because last week i bought milk, cheese sticks, cottage cheese, and a whole lotta yogurt... all of which are getting closer and closer to their expiration dates.

we are a little stir crazy around here. today i put a tutu on serena and that entertained for a while. but mostly we're watching lots of disney channel and praying for no more throw up.

hoping for some healthier days ahead.

{these pictures are proof that even under the worst of circumstances, serena will still bring out the cheese for the camera!}

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

sorry for the sickness but she is so adorable in the tutu. makes me excited for our little girl

Jamie said...

She looks perfectly happy! I'm so sorry for your sicky's! Hope your family feels better asap!

ariel said...

she actually is happy most of the time... just not so much when she's throwing up or super dehyrated :)

Kess said...

hope everyone gets better soon ! I like the pic where she is holding the kitty :)

Gina said...

Ok, I've just realized (I know, I'm a retard) that I haven't been receiving my emails from my website that says "Ariel updated her blog" and a direct link for me. I haven't seen your blog in weeks! What is wrong with me!?!! I'm ticked at that website . . . I want my money back. Oh wait, it was free. :)

PS no worries on the sickness . . . after four loads of laundry, two throw up bowls, and a handful of pjs, I think we made it out ok. :)

dave + kirst said...

sorry you're so sick! let us know if we can help (from a distance ;).