4.19.2010

the name game.

have you ever checked out nameberry.com? it's a pretty great source if you're in search of baby names. they recently posted lists of the top 100 boys and girls names of 2010 so far. not the most popular, necessarily, but their top names. here are the top ten of each:

boys:
1. henry
2. finn
3. oliver
4. james
5. asher
6. jack
7. max
8. quinn
9. jude
10. liam

girls:
1. charlotte
2. seraphina
3. olivia
4. elizabeth
5. isla
6. sophia
7. alice
8. violet
9. lucy
10. ava

we have two names in mind for a girl and though they weren't at the top, they were on the list. i'm kind of happy about that. one of them was found on both lists, which i thought was weird because i never thought of it as a unisex name.

we really struggle with boy names. we wouldn't have used a single name in the top 100. we are in trouble if this little one is a boy.

is your baby's name on the list?

{find the rest of the lists here and here.}

8 comments:

Marianne said...

Yes! Before we found out that this baby is going to be a boy, I really wanted 2 of the names on that girl list. Oh well, maybe next time!

Gretchen said...

I DONT think I should have read this! I get so mad about baby names, like we had our next girl all picked out and it's a family name and and as SOON as i heard it i knew I wanted it and all of the sudden, it's on this list! AHH! Ok, venting is over :)

ariel said...

you should still use it, gretchen! this is just nameberry's top 100, not the official most popular list. i remember talking about some of these names a couple of years ago and now they are super popular. i swear no matter what name i pick, there will be too many others with the same name for my taste :)

Tori said...

Seriously? Atticus made it onto the boy list. I swore that if that was what we named Nathaniel the world would look at us like we were the biggest weirdos. Nathan is there but not Nathaniel. Oh, and the name I want for my next one (if it is a girl AND a boy) are definitely on there. Oh well! How much longer until you guys find out whether you are searching for a boy name or a girl name?

Kim said...

Asher AND Liam are on the list. cute!!!!!! im kinda sad that its a popular name but.. o well.. i heart almost every girl name on their... :) especially violet and isla

Erika said...

We had a hard time figuring out boys names as well. I think girls are easier! Good luck deciding.

DecoMOD Studio said...

Non of my kids were named until well after they were born. But, if I ever have another and it is a girl, the name I love is NOT on there. That makes me glad. I like unique names, but not weird names. Too bad both of my boy's names are relatively popular.

Janessa Taylor said...

ughhhh I'm dreading the name game with Jordan. He does NOT make it easy!!