12.17.2007

Whew!


Well I made it through the week!


I sang at Enrichment Night and felt really good about it. I was so nervous to sing for a bunch of women! I don't know why, but that is really intimidating to me. But I really feel like Heavenly Father blessed me to do my very best. Everyone was really nice and complimentary after.


My choir concert at the Cathedral also went really well. It was SO fun to sing in there. And we had a HUGE audience (comparitively)! I was REALLY nervous for my solo and I didn't do as well as I did in rehearsal, but it's pretty much impossible to sound bad in there! Everyone said it sounded good and I'm relieved that it's over! Now I just have to sing it one more time this Friday.


Our recital was so much fun! After those two nerve-wracking performances, this was a piece of cake! It was just fun to have friends & family come and participate. My sister-in-law Kirsten sang a solo and did a really nice job. My cousin's family sang and their daughters played the piano... it was SOOO cute! And my mom did a piano solo. Sometimes I forget how well she plays! Heather played wonderfully, as always. I am so lucky to have such an amazing accompanist on hand :)


And finally we had some time to relax & enjoy the weekend on Sunday. We went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & King Singer's concert/The Spoken Word in the morning. It was AMAZING. President Hinckley and President Eyring were there and it was awesome to feel the spirit when they came into the room. We also went to Temple Square last night to see the lights. It was a crazy and fun week and I'm glad it's over! Now I can get my Christmas shopping done!

No comments: