12.10.2007

Crazy Week, Jewel Trees

I may or may not make it through this week... I have 2 choir rehearsals and our concert is on Friday. I'm also singing for the Enrichment Christmas party on Tuesday and my recital is on Saturday! That's a lot of singing in one week! Hopefully I still have a voice for the Recital :)
Anyway... here are some pictures of the jewel trees! My grandma was a very fancy lady and had lots of costume jewelry. She made a Christmas tree with some of her jewelry and it was always my favorite decoration at her house during the holidays. After she passed away, my mom inherited the tree but the lights were broken. So a few years ago I picked all of the jewelry off of it and remade it. We had tons of jewelry from her house so I made another one, too. And here they are:

They're so sparkly and pretty! I missed them when I got married and moved out... so I made my own! They don't have as much sentimental value, but I love them all the same and they remind me of my grandma. These are mine:


No comments: