5.03.2011

silence.

Photobucket

oh how i miss the days of free time and daily blogging. they were good days. but these days are good too. these days are full of playing and working and cooking and singing and cleaning and entertaining and laundry and reading {her books, not mine...} and micky mouse and shopping {groceries, not clothes} and laughing and smiling and tantrums and time out and going to bed before 10 pm so we can wake up and do it all again the next day. busy days. but good days.

a few years ago my little sister went on a first date and was making small talk during the car ride to their destination. she asked him "so, what kind of music do you like to listen to?" and he said "i prefer silence". wait, what??? silence?? we never let that go and joke about it all the time to this day.

but i kind of get him now.

sometimes all i want is silence. like, to lay on my bed by myself and do nothing and hear nothing. and on my drives to and from work, sometimes i just want silence. no blasting my favorite tunes. not even soothing classical music. just pure, wonderful silence.

i try to never wish away these days, as hectic as they may be, but i do like to daydream about my kids being old enough for school....

3 comments:

Dani said...

Amen

Nancy said...

Lovely post,Ariel. (Can I use 'lovely?') I think this expresses the feelings of mothers everywhere.

Adrienne said...

it's already been said but amen is true. and preschool has been a wonderful thing. ryan starts kindergarten the end of July.... I can almost taste it