5.15.2011

mary blair.

Photobucket

while i was shopping for serena's birthday, i came across this book. the illustrations were adorable and i thought serena would love it since she's all about babies and baby dolls lately. as it turns out, she's not much interested in the book, but i soooo am! i've been a little obsessed with it so i did a google search on the illustrator, mary blair. and then i took a long trip down memory lane...
Photobucket

my grandma had a collection of disney stories that my sisters and i would read before bed when we slept over at her house. my favorite was always cinderella, and the illustrations were all by mary blair. finding these images brought back so many happy memories. are they not gorgeous!?
Photobucket

peter pan was also in the book.
Photobucket

and alice in wonderland.
Photobucket

i think i need to own a copy of all of these {already on my amazon wishlist...}! and someday let my girls look at them, too :)

3 comments:

dave + kirst said...

These look super familiar! I'm betting I read them when I was little, super cute. Also, I think we have the same rug (the one that shows just a corner of it in your dining room). Great minds...

ariel said...

i love that rug! it's kinda too small for the dining table, but i'm too lazy to find a new one and switch it out...

ariel said...

also "dining room" (:

you mean "that corner of the one room we mainly live in that also is home to a table and chairs" ??