11.01.2010

happy thoughts.

Photobucket

because lately, when i'm so so so so so beyond tired from not sleeping at night {harper has her days and nights completely backwards}, and my eye twitch is getting progressively worse, and i've just told serena "NOOOOOO" for the 100th time today, i need reminding of the happy things in life.

1. had a shopping spree at ikea. curtains & curtain rods for the whole house!
2. harper slept through her newborn photos yesterday. can't wait to see them!
3. serena has has the sweetest kiss-fests with us after bedtime prayers.
4. sean took serena to the cabin today. it's been over 5 hours since i had to tell her "no"!
5. internet is finally up & running in the new house. {lost the camera cord, so no good photos...}
6. mom is hard at work hemming my curtains! thankyouthankyouthankyou!
7. a lemon cake, just for me :)
8. a nice new view of something besides my neighbor's house when i look out the window.
9. serena spent the last hour of nursery without her dad on sunday! wahoo! hopefully she continues to like it.
10. a far easier recovery after this baby.

i feel better already.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay! Im glad you have internet. I miss your blog posts! Im so scared for number 2! ... Harper and Serena look adorable. Please let me know if you need anything. Even if you just want me to take Serena for a couple of hours. We'd love to!

Steph said...

It will get easier in time Ariel!! Someday you will get some sleep and you might get to go a day with out saying "no"... I am still waiting for them also...but I hear they are "coming". hahahah!

Mrs MacKenzie said...

Whenever I go to baby showers for new moms I make a "new mommy kit". One of the first things I include is a box of tissues which every mommy needs for the post baby hormone roller coaster. Baby blues lasted 3 weeks for me, but not everyone is as fortunate. Just try to remember when you're feeling crazy that its just hormones!! You'll be back to your old self soon.

Mrs MacKenzie said...

oh and you're going to need to add baby harper to your family description/bio!

Janessa Taylor said...

LOL, I definitely can relate to the "NO!!!!!!!!!!" thing :) I have that same swing--it's the best. Too bad Anya isn't quite convinced yet...